Well, we had our spring Musettes concerts yesterday (One in the afternoon, and one in the evening). It was a lot of fun performing and spending the day with all the girls. The show was titled Welcome to the 60's. I so wish I had some pics because we looked smok'in with our 60's hair and makeup, fake eyelashes and all. We had a pretty good turn out, and I think a lot of faithful Musette supporters where excited to see the corner the group has turned, with all the fun choreography and costuming.
I won the first place scholarship for a year of voice lessons with the teacher of my choice, compliments of the Musettes! SWEET! As grateful as I am to win, it was totally embarrassing because they announced it during intermission, starting with the second runner-up. Only the presidency knew who the judges had picked, and when they called our names we had to step down and accept a certificate and bouquet. I felt like I was in a pageant or something, and I was supposed to say, "Oh, Thank you! Thank you! Meee?! Thank you! Sniff, sniff..." AWKWARD!
I may have to travel down to Boise for a really good teacher, but that's OK. I just can't wait to work at it again!
Kellen is using all kinds of new words these days, and is quite the conversationalist. :)
On Friday he woke up with a bloody nose which he brought dripping into our bed (lovely). I was in a crazy hurry for my dress rehearsal that day, so I quickly took the spray'n'wash to the comforter and hoped it would work. Later that day, when we were all home, Kellen gasped at the sight of the blood and declared, "Wook, Mom and Dad! Bwub!" We laughed because his face was so serious and he kept talking about the "bwub" on the bed. (I'm happy to report that my comforter is now bwub-free!)
He's really into letters and the sounds they make, and he can talk about it forever. He's finally got the 'J' sound down for Jane, which actually breaks my heart. I'll miss him calling her Shane. :(
We'll be driving in the car and he'll say, "Mom, what sound does Jane make?"
I then must make the J sound.
He then patronizes me with the usual, "Gooo job, Mom! Dats reeee great!"
"Thanks, Kell!"
"Yeh-wehcom, Mom!"
Then we do it all again.
I love my little Pal!
I may have to travel down to Boise for a really good teacher, but that's OK. I just can't wait to work at it again!
Kellen is using all kinds of new words these days, and is quite the conversationalist. :)
On Friday he woke up with a bloody nose which he brought dripping into our bed (lovely). I was in a crazy hurry for my dress rehearsal that day, so I quickly took the spray'n'wash to the comforter and hoped it would work. Later that day, when we were all home, Kellen gasped at the sight of the blood and declared, "Wook, Mom and Dad! Bwub!" We laughed because his face was so serious and he kept talking about the "bwub" on the bed. (I'm happy to report that my comforter is now bwub-free!)
He's really into letters and the sounds they make, and he can talk about it forever. He's finally got the 'J' sound down for Jane, which actually breaks my heart. I'll miss him calling her Shane. :(
We'll be driving in the car and he'll say, "Mom, what sound does Jane make?"
I then must make the J sound.
He then patronizes me with the usual, "Gooo job, Mom! Dats reeee great!"
"Thanks, Kell!"
"Yeh-wehcom, Mom!"
Then we do it all again.
I love my little Pal!



I'm jealous of your fun singing experiences, and especially of your voice lesson scholarship. It kills me to not be working on something that way.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you are posting regularly again. I always want to call you but never feel like I have the time, so at least, I can read your blog and feel like I still some what in touch. Love you!
ReplyDeleteI knew you'd win. How funny about the awkward pageanty feel. Did you cry? :)
ReplyDeleteNo crying, Emm. Thank goodness! Too bad your not here to be in Musettes with me. I have a feeling you'd rock it on stage! :)
ReplyDeleteI would've loved to see your concert with you all dolled up! How fun! Congrats on the scholarship! I miss hearing that beautiful voice of yours. I love "bwub." How cute!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your voice lesson scholarship! I know what you mean about awkward for the way they announced it. I always hate when they have you come up and stand while they talk about the award, etc., meanwhile everyone is staring at you (and waiting for the program to continue)...
ReplyDeleteMarie, I have to show you something... from my Blog go to Libby & Mark's blog, from there go to Bemy's blog and look at her post titled "Blog Book"
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the scholarship! Of course, I'm not surprised at all that you got it - but how exciting to actually take lessons and work on your own voice again. I'm so happy for you. Oh, and your little Kellen is adorable. I love when kids just start talking up a storm, it's hilarious.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Marie! That's awesome! You have such a cute boy there, love his letter sounds.
ReplyDeleteMarie, where did you get this cute background?? I want to see what else they have.
ReplyDelete