While watching conference, Kellen must have been hearing a lot about families, because he brought his framed photo of the Huish Family down from his room, climbed to the upper portion of the refrigerator to pull down some more photos, and made this little collage. He even pulled down some snow flakes that he knew Aunt Jenny made. After he had pulled this all together he came and said he needed to show me something. He pointed to his masterpiece and said, "Ta da!" He then took a few steps back, folded his arms, and with a satisfied grin, said, "My famwee." He must have been actually listening to conference, which is not something I expected form my busy little three year old. It just goes to show, that our kids really do pay attention!
Kellen, then decided he wanted to eat in the Baby chair, and fell asleep before he could finish his PB&J. In this picture he looks like my little baby again. Sigh..
Conference turned out to be a very sweet time for the whole family. The kids were so calm, and we were actually able to listen to the beautiful messages. I'm sad it is over. It always gives me such a peacful feeling of home, no matter where I am. I think it must be the familiar voices of many of our apostles, who have been around since I was little.
Elder Holland's talk was especially touching. He spoke of the Saviour's Atonemnent. If you don't remember it, go back and read it, or listen to it on the internet. It is absolutely beautiful.



How sweet. Glad you had a nice calm General Conference experience. I usually don't get much out of it during Conf. weekend due to my kiddos, so I have to go and read everything all over again. What a sweetie Kellen is.
ReplyDeleteThat is soo sweet! They really do pay attention don't they.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great conference weekend. I thought that story of Kellen was SO SWEET! And I love the idea of building a temple out of blocks!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! His temple is pretty cool, too! Aren't kids amazing?
ReplyDelete