June 8, 2009

Wackiest Birthday Ever!

I have the craziest hubby in the world!
Last week he told me that he would be out of town for a business trip on my birthday, today, so we would do something fun on Saturday. That is all he said so I was expecting to go out to eat or something like that. Well, Saturday came and we spent it just like we always do, cleaning the house, working in the yard, and playing with the kids. At six o'clock, just as I was beginning to get really curious, some friends showed up at the door, and then some more, and some more, and some more! All of them with presents, which totally embarrassed me. I took Taylor aside to chastise him about having people bring me gifts, like I was turning 7 years old, and he said, "Only the best for you, Honey!" He said it with a funny twinkle in his eye, so I knew something was up.
After the guests had all arrived he brought out a big Costco Carrot cake. (Yummo!) He then proceeded to embarrass me by showing our friends pictures of me as a kid! (I don't know what possessed him to do all of this! Tay is a weirdo, what can I say? :)) After some cake and laughing at pics of me in my 80's awesomeness, it was time for presents. Here is a picture of my fabulous loot!

(coming tomorrow! Technical difficulties!)


Yup, these are my presents! Tay told everyone to get me a gag gift so, I've got some Groucho Marx Glasses, three sets of gag teeth, a lovely pair of panties -- size 14 (although they look more like size XXXXL, two punching balloons, two plastic switch-blade knife thingies, a disk gun, a fuzzy jumping spider, some green putty, and a SpongeBob SquarePants paddle-ball. Can it get any better?
Actually it can, because two friends didn't get the gag gift memo, so I also ended up with two bows for Jane, some yummy, home-canned peaches, some cute decorations for my home, and... drum roll please... Tay bought me an ipod! A cute little pink shuffle! What a guy!
After cake we decided to go sing for my neighbor who was also having a birthday. We all put on the gag teeth, the panties (two of us in one pair!), and the glasses-- I brought my fiddle, and we showed up on her doorstep. She got a good laugh.
After that we all headed to Red Robin to share some fancy burgers and fries. (I know, dinner after dessert!? But it was that kind of day!) The Red Robin crew made me stand up, holding a spoon in the air with balloons floating around me while they sang! By now, nothing could embarrass me, so I just smiled and danced.
After Red Robin (yes there is more) we all came home for a wild round of Imaginif.
What a wild and crazy day! I'm not sure why Taylor chose my 28th to go all out, we usually just do something small, like a date night. Actually, that's the way I prefer it, but it was fun to change it up and be surprised like that.
Thanks, Tay! It's fun to be married to a nut like you! You'll always be able to keep me laughing! Also thanks to all my awesome friends! It's great to know that we've come to an area where the people are just as crazy as we are! ;) You are all the best, and we love you!

PS: Taylor's turning 30 in September, so I've reeeeally gotta go all out! Any ideas?

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures. This sounds hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine! It sounds hilarious, but I'm sure it was way better in person. Definitely post those panty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I wish I could have been there. Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! What a fun way to celebrate - so awesome. It sounds like you had a great day, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome. This might sound weird, but I love that you two still goof around like that! I feel like I've gotten all old and stuffy! You're inspiring me to have a little more fun. Sheesh, I totally miss you.

    And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a blast! It sounds like Taylor wanted to make it extra special for you! Wish we could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, you've got to put the pictures up soon! How sweet, though to do something so fun! You guys sound as crazy and silly as the first date! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taylor is definitely one crazy kid. What a fun, crazy, funny day! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete