July 22, 2009

A New Love

We never thought that we would love gardening so much, but Tay and I have turned into a couple of old geezers, sitting out in the yard every night, looking at the flowers. Our parents gave us some starts and we bought a few things ourselves, and we've just become addicted. We get excited about each new bloom.
I think there is something spiritual about planting things and watching them grow through each stage. A tiny seed, a sprout, a small bud, and finally a beautiful bloom, basking in it's beauty for the sole purpose of making us happy. Just another manifestation of God's love for us.

Here are some of my favorites:

Companiala (No idea how to spell this!)
Tay's Dad gave us this. I love the color!

I don't even know what these ones are called, but aren't they cool? A co-worker gave Taylor a box full of bulbs last year and we planted them, but nothing happened. I guess we did it too late. Well, we dug them up, stored them in the garage all year, and planted earlier this time. I'm sure glad we didn't give up on them, because they have been so fun to watch. You can't really tell from the picture, but they are about 4 feet tall right now, and still shooting up. The leaves are about as big as my head. They look like they belong in the rain forest, but they don't seem to mind this Idaho dry heat.


This amazing Asiatic Lily was just one tiny little stem last year, and now it's HUGE, and so hardy. I love how bright it is. Definitely and eye catcher.

Zinnias
Aren't they cute?

Can't remember what these are called (some kind of Daisy)
They came from T's Parent's yard

Of coarse, there's my Petunias. Aren't they awesome? I lvoe the smell of Petunias, especially after they've just been watered. It takes me back to Disney Land, standing in line for Magic Mountain, smelling the water and heat and flowers. Mmmmmmm.

3 comments:

  1. What sweet babes you have! Their getting so big. And I love the flowers, you and Tay are doing something right because they look wonderful. Keep up the good work! :) (old geezers?) ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie I am soo impressed! I love your garden. Where do you find the time?? Do you want to come work on my garden? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love when flowers just take off, and you get to enjoy the results. They are all so vibrant, what a beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete