October 15, 2012

It Don't Mean a Thing if it Aint Got That Swing! Do-wap Do-wah!

August 2012
The kids love swinging, especially with Grandma and Grandpa, who are always willing to provide underdogs and plenty of entertainment.  Grandpa always gives them a little push from the front and then pretends to mosey away slowly, giving them the perfect chance to kick his backside.  He then puts on a comedic act of being flustered and angry (sort of Groucho Marx style) and warns them not to do it again, which of coarse they do.   The kids laugh hysterically, and could play this game for hours.  I remember this one from when I was a kid and I thought it was hilarious too.  I guess it's an old trick that never gets old!  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!  We love you!
UNDERDOG!
"Hey!  I thought I told you to STOP that!"

"Ouch!  Why, I oughta..."

"Grandpa is SOOOO funny!!!"
When Grandpa finally tired of the game, they still weren't through, so Kellen took over being the clown.  Funny Kiddos!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE these adorable pics, marie! They really capture the joy of being a kid. And I loved reading your description of dad playing along... It really is the coolest to watch mom and dad (grand)parent your kids because it brings back so many memories of when they did that for YOU. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete