Answer the following questions about your sweetheart...
*What is your significant other's name? Taylor Carl Rasmussen
*How long have you been married? 71/2 years
*How long did you date? We dated for about one year before Taylor's mission, and wrote on a regular basis while he was gone. We got engaged shortly after his return (about a month and a half) and were married five months later. SO... if you count the mission (even though I dated other people, had boyfriends, etc. etc. etc. :)) then we dated for about 4 years.
*How old is he? 29... the big 3O in September! He, he! :)
*Who eats more sweets? TAYLOR! And yet, he stays nice and slim! NO FAIR!
*Who said I love you first? Taylor. It was so sweet!
*Who is taller? Definitely Tay. He is a whopping 6'3, and has me by a whole foot! It makes for a good kink in the neck once in a while, but I still love it! He makes me feel small, even when I'm a gigantic pregnant lady!
*Who can sing best? Me, I suppose, but I have had some training, and a lot of practice! ;) Taylor has a beautiful voice, especially when he thinks no one is listening, and he lets loose.
*Who is smarter? I think we are both smart, it totally depends on the subject. I guess if I had to pick one over the other I'd pick... Taylor. Oh, that one hurt! Don't get too big-headed Tay! ;)
*Who does laundry? I do most of it, but Taylor sure does his fair share. He washes a lot of his own stuff, and folds a lot too. He is a big help when it comes to housework.
*Who pays bills? Tay takes care of the online bills, and I do the rest. It's split pretty evenly.
*Who sleeps on the right hand side? I do right now, but it's changed a lot. I always sleep closest to the exit and/0r bathroom. You know, pregnancy, babies, and all that jazz.
*Who mows the lawn? Taylor, and he looks pretty hot doing it!
*Who cooks dinner? I do, which surprises people, since Tay is a food scientist. He claims he has some pretty sweet cooking skills, but is too sick of cooking by the time he gets home. He totally helps out with dinner all of the time by putting together what I've laid out etc., but as for these mysterious skills he has, I'm still waiting to see that! I only pretend to care. :) I like to cook for him, and especially when he takes clean up, which he usually does. He's so great! Maybe he really is an amazing chef, but he doesn't want to show me up and make me feel bad! I've never thought of that before...
*Who drives? We take turns, but usually Tay. He likes it, and I don't, so it works out! He's safer on the road, I totally admit it! I'm a little bit crazy, with quite the led foot...
*Who is first to admit they are wrong? It depends on our moods. We are both quick to apologize when we've done something wrong. I probably do it more often, but that's just because I usually have more to apologize for. I'm a wee bit... fiery sometimes. :)
*Who kissed who first? Tay went in for the kill, and I had no idea he was going for it. He sort of missed at first, but I quickly remedied that situation.
*Who asked who out first? Tay called me to go ice blocking down Old Main Hill. Dan Preece, Liz Ambrose (Granados), Ben Haslem, and Jenn Eck (Craw) were with us, and we all had a blast. I wore some cute jeans that got totally ruined, but it was worth it. I had a stomach ache that night from laughing so hard.
*Who wears the pants? Taylor and I are a team, for sure. We make big and small decisions together. Taylor does preside over our little family, though, and I love it. I rarely have to remind him to take the initiative in family prayer, scripture study, or FHE. If he were to put his foot down on something, I would trust him with whatever that was. He is very selfless.
TAG to anyone that wants to write about their Valentine!!
4 years ago



MARIE!! This is Sarah...from Utah State...voice major...'n stuff. I found your blog from a comment you made on Mac's. It's been so fun to read about your beautiful family! I'll be a follower of your bloggin', and if you'd like to take a look at mine, send me an email: singinsarah at gmail dot com
ReplyDeleteHI MARIE!! I just found your blog from Mindy Payne's, hope you don't mind! I love it, so cute and your new little girl is so sweet! Congrats! Glad to see you guys are doing well!
ReplyDeleteI have a private blog so if you would like, I can send you an invite. My email is onenjen@yahoo.com. Send me your email and I'll send an invite back to you.
Jen Kangas
Cute post! But, don't go makin' fun of us oldies! You'll get to 29 soon enough! That first date was a lot of fun, huh? I'm glad it worked out so good for you two! I remember you two giggling in the backseat! ;)
ReplyDeleteMarie, I miss you so much! Scott and i went to the ward dinner/ dance last night and they had karaoke! Scott and I were the first to sing and dance. Everyone was so reluctant to join in... and we just knew that you and Tay would be right there with us having a great time. We miss you! (I said that already didn't I?) :)
ReplyDeleteI love this! It's so fun to think about you two. I love how you think each other are hilarious. Loves!
ReplyDelete