February 23, 2009

Sweet Awakening

I just wanted to write a quick note to let everyone know that today was a good day! The weird part is, I'm not even sure why. The joys of motherhood really do just come in moments, and I guess today had a lot of those little ones.
It all started with Kellen. He woke me up this morning with a very mystical voice whispering, "Wook, Mom!" Then he held up his copy of the Book of Mormon. I said, "What is it?" to which he replied, "da skishwers!" (the scriptures) He said it as if he had the original plates in his hands!
After I admired the "skishwers" for a minute, he apparently saw that I was that I was still very tired, and he decided I could go back to sleep. He rubbed the back of my hand, kissed it gently and whispered, "Swee dweems, Mommy." He then left the room, and headed downstairs to start his busy day of mess-making and make-believe. Of coarse, since he was awake I had to get up, but it was still a nice gesture! What a cutie pie!
We've been trying to get him excited about reading the scriptures with us for a little while every day. It's been sort of a hit and miss... mostly miss, since he won't sit still for more than 2 minutes. It's good to know that something is sinking in. He knows they are special.

9 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, I LOVE the skishwers! That is so cute. It's so nice when kids are somehow guided by "greater power" to be angels when we need it most. I'm glad it was a good day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! How sweet, these are the days we have to remember when we get the not-so-good days! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetheart. Isn't it so true that the joys of motherhood come in moments? Sometimes the moments are more abundant and sometimes they are few and far between, but those little moments do much to help us appreciate the sacred calling that is ours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to squish him! He is so adorable! I think it was at the Worldwide Leadership Training that a story was told about a sister who couldn't get her kids to pay attention for 10 minutes of scripture study. After finding out that her kids were really young (like 2-10) she was told that she was probably having scripture study 8 minutes too long. That's always helped me feel better about our 2 minute FHEs. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Marie, that is the most awe-inspiring story. My children really don't feel the spirit when we read, although we do read every day together, they run around screaming and Brad and I just keep reading. You guys have the cutest family. We need to let Logan and Kellen play. Logan needs a boy play mate... too many girls every where.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Princess has the same reaction to the "Skishwers"...she gets so excited about them, and usually I love it...until she rips three or four of those thin, flimsy pages. Whoever came up with that idea did not have kids in mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh that is so sweet! Thanks for sharing that tasty little morsel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing that! Braden hasn't gotten the idea of the scriptures yet, but he sure gets excited about family home evening! Being a mom is the best thing in the world; even if it is exhausting!

    ReplyDelete