For those of you who actually read, here's a little update...
Taylor has been working to get the yard in. We are hoping to get
I've actually been doing a lot with music lately, which has been nice. I sing with an all female choir called Musettes. At first I wasn't so sure about the group. It's a show choir... yeah... not really my thing. I just really wanted to get involved in something musical again and this opportunity presented itself. Despite my initial doubts, I have been pleasantly surprised. The ladies are all so fun, the music is a blast, and yes, I'm even getting into the dancing a little bit! I know I look absolutely ridiculous, but I don't care! Recently the Musettes had a panel of prestigious judges come to listen to us inividually for evaluations and an opportunity to win voice lessons. I haven't found out the results yet, but the experience of auditioning was fabulous. It felt just like old times. Even my singing felt smooth and easy, which shocked me. A tender mercy from the Lord, I think.
I've also started up teaching again. Voice mostly, but also five piano students, and soon I'll have several violin students, so I've worked up quite the clientele! The hard part is getting really organized, which I must do to make it work! I've been hesitant about teaching for some time. It seemed too hard to balance once Kellen came along, but things are so different now. I'm ready to take on more and it actually makes me feel more balanced. Taylor teases me because a lot of my students don't actually pay me... with money. One family offers babysitting, which rocks because it's a family with four girls, all home-schooled, so I have free sitting any time! One friend is going to start bringing me dinners in exchange for violin lessons. Another is helping me coupon in exchange for voice lessons! Cool stuff! It's like the law of consecration, right?
Kellen has been such a good boy lately. He tells me he "wuvs" me several times a day, and I never tire of hearing it. He ha
Jane will not be so picky, I think. She is already showing way more interest in food than Kellen ever did! She gets all excited at dinner time, kicking her feet and breathing fast, hoping she'll get a taste. Thanks to Daddy, she usually does! It reminds me of a puppy, plaintive eyes and all. She's not even six months old yet, and has already been sitting up on her own for about 7 weeks. It must be all the chub giving her extra support! :) She coos and squeals and
So, there's a "little" update! Feel free to go take a nap now! ;)



Hurray, you're alive, and teaching, and performing! So glad you're having great opportunities to use your talents. Your kids look precious as can be, too. Little Jane is crazy cute in that bathtub pic. ;)
ReplyDeleteWow! You sound like super mom! That is great that you are able to use your musical talents to help others! And I think it rocks the way you are getting payed! Glad to see you are alive! Good luck with the yard! That is a huge undertaking I'm sure (but will be well worth it!).
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear how your family is doing. It sounds like you have a lot of exciting things going on. I can't wait to live in one place so we can feel like it's worth putting sprinklers in or getting a few students to teach lessons. Maybe this fall we'll finally become home owners and live in one place more than a year. Remind me where you guys are living.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you updated! Congrats on the new students, it's hard to build up a studio.
ReplyDeleteI check your blog almost every day.... so glad you did an update. I can't wait to go see you. I miss you so much. Jane is sooo cute!
ReplyDeleteI love that you're trading lessons for babysitting, dinners, even couponing! That's an interesting one. And I'd love to see the Musettes perform! You do sound like supermom. I'm glad Jane's a good baby - totally opposite of my experience with Abby. You just enjoy that sweet angel. Too soon she'll learn that wonderful word "no". Miss you!
ReplyDeleteI must have no life, because I'm checking your blog almost every day, too! So glad you're back! My computer however is having stress, and so I can usually read, but not leave comments! Your kids are so cute, and I want to meet them! If you guys come down, lets do a little reunion! Get everyone together! Email me though - I don't remember where you are living right now!
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous of the fenced backyard-age going on there! That would be so great!
ReplyDeleteI love that you're in a show choir. PC and I met in a show choir and still, when I tell people that, I roll my eyes a bit at the notion that I was once in a cheesey, dancey jazz-hands choir ;) But I can't deny it was one of the funnest things I ever did. I'm glad you get to do that. It sounds like a blast. I miss your gorgeous voice, now.
Jane looks so beautiful. I love that name so much!
Awesome news all around! Awesome that you are involved in so much great stuff. I think I would prefer to be paid the way you are...it sounds like you're getting a pretty sweet deal!
ReplyDeleteI guess that Jay Richards singing group you were in around Christmas time will come in handy, huh?
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the yard - how fun that you're in that phase of life (we'll get there one day).
Beautiful kids! I'm glad you're back. =)