"Marie, did you move your snow skis?"
"My snow skis? Huh? What?" (for a second I thought I was still dreaming. It's been in the 90's lately, so why was Tay asking me about my skis?)
"Did you move them?"
"No, why?"
"Cause they're gone. They were right inside the garage door, and now they are gone."
Yup! That's right! We've been robbed! Some not-so-nice-person (I can think of lots of names I would rather use right now, but I'd better not) came and swiped them right out from under me while I snoozed in my bed! I am so mad! I mean, who does that?!
I feel so violated! How can someone just take something that does not belong to them and still sleep at night... or even look themselves in the mirror? I know I never could!
We filed a police report, and apparently someone just around the corner from us was robbed last night as well. I hope it was just a random act of teenage stupidity, and not some adult pro that's scoping out the neighborhood.
The worst part is the wondering. I'm all shook up now, and I don't feel so safe anymore. What if they had come into our house? I actually woke Tay last night at around 2 AM because I thought I heard something. But lets face it! I'm a perinoid mom and I hear EVERYTHING (remember my super human hearing?), so it's no surprise that Tay didn't worry when I said I heard a noise. I say it almost nightly! At first I was bummed that I didn't make Tay go down and check things out, or do it myself for that matter. On second thought though, maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Maybe the phsyco had a gun... who knows?
Our bikes were untouched, which is wierd cause we have nice bikes. I'm guessing it's because our "3 car garage" barely fits our van and Honda, so the bikes were squeezed in behind the car. This has always been an annoyance to me, but now I'm grateful because it kept them safe.
Anyway, just thought I'd share that fun piece of info with you.
GRRRRRRR!!!!! Deep breaths, Marie... inhale.... exhale.... inhale.... exhale....



Oh, I'm sooo sorry. That totally stinks. Was your garage open?? How did they get in? I'm a door locking freak, even here where I live. But, do to the fact that we only have one garage door opener (in my car) our garage gets left open most of the day. I think we need to invest in another opener. I'm glad they didn't get your bikes though.
ReplyDeleteHow crappy! I'm sorry that this happened to you guys. Like you, I just don't get stealing. How could ANYONE think that it's okay just to take something that's not theirs? So glad that they didn't get your bikes though.
ReplyDeleteLame. Just lock it all up. I hate no being able to trust people. Your Jane is soo cute! I miss you too. We need to chat some time and visit. Are you going to the 10 year reunion? I will have a 1 week to 2 day old... I don't think that would work.
ReplyDeleteGrrr! I'd be angry, too. It's so infuriating when things like that happen. While living in CA our car was stolen or broken into several times and it made me feel so violated. I can't understand how someone just takes something that isn't theirs. I'm sorry you had this happen to you.
ReplyDeleteBOO!!! My bro recently got his fancypants double wide jogging stroller stolen at Sea World... and what you said about how can people sleep at night (?!) is exactly what I felt about it. Seriously - I can't imagine just TAKING something that belongs to someone else, using it (or selling it and getting the money), and feeling good about that. Ugh.
ReplyDeleteOh Marie! I would feel violated too - and I'd freak out over every noise too. Brad doesn't understand my crazy need to lock the door all day and night, but I'm glad I do. I'm glad that it was just your stuff and not a violent break in to your house. Thank goodness you're all safe. Sending hugs your way!
ReplyDelete