September 23, 2009

The Big THREE-O

Yup! Taylor's an old man now! :) Ha! Ha! I get to tease him for two more years, until I'm thirty myself! The funny part is, that I think him turning thirty is more weird for me than it is for him. It must be because I met him when he was seventeen, and honestly, he doesn't look much different to me. They say love is blind, and maybe it's true, but seriously my hubby is cuter to me than he ever was!

Now, as is tradition, here are 10 things I love about Tay:
Warning: If you can't handle mushiness, I suggest you stop reading.

1. His contagious happiness. He never passes up the opportunity to make me smile and/or laugh. His physical humor is the best. (If you haven't seen his crazy dance moves, your really missing out!) He has such a friendly, easygoing, and jolly personality, that you can't help but feel happy around him.

2. His determination to keep the commandments with strict obedience. He is an amazing example to me.

3. He is a phenomenal Dad. Practically perfect, and yet always seeking to improve.

4. Same as #3, only change the word "Dad" to "husband".

5. He has unwavering patience. I've never known someone to keep their cool the way Taylor does. I don't think he's ever really "lost it" in his entire life! (it's almost aggravating, actually... ;)j/k) He is slow to anger, quick to forgive, and I am so grateful for that!

6. He appreciates the value of hard work and a job well done. At the same time, he's not one of those people that lives for the job. Tay works hard so he can play hard, which makes for a lot of fun!

7. Taylor supports me in everything. He never misses a concert or performance, and is always the loudest one cheering. He lets me take on all kinds of new endeavors, and doesn't hassle me when half of them don't work out. Whether it's a realistic idea or not, he never tries to "clip my wings."

8. Taylor is totally in love with his family, and expresses that love so freely. As a result we all adore him.

9. Taylor is an amazing athlete. Whether it's mountain/road biking, basketball, tennis, soccer, or pretty much any other kind of sport, Tay excels. Even if the joints are getting a little rusty ( ha ha ha) he can still give those cocky teenagers a run for their money.

10. He's totally... sexy... and I would expand on that, but this is a public blog, after all. :)

I love you, babe! Happy Birthday! You are still, and always will be, the man of my dreams!!!


6 comments:

  1. LoooooooooVe your #10! We miss you guys! Do I say that every time I comment? You two are the cutest couple in the world! Happy Birthday to Taylor! It's weird to think that Brad will be 27 this year (followed by me a couple months later). We both hope we're in our own home by 30 - keeping our fingers crossed! =) Let us know if you're ever in town and have time to get together and let our kiddos run around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Taylor!!! I love it when you write top 10's. You're so good at it. I wish I was good at writing top 10's. Anyway, glad to see you finally posted something, I check you blog almost everthnight. I miss you Marie. I need to call you, but never seem to find the time. (Big surprise) So either you or Jenny, need to post some baby pictures, soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet he can say most of those for you...tell him happy bday from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Tay! I love your list - you guys are perfect for each other! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Taylor!! It was great to see your cute family! I'm going to miss being in your parent's ward, we won't be able to see you as easily! Hope we can continue to keep in touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too many people are turning 30 these days...it's a huge reminder that I'm gonna be there soon, too! I remember Taylor as a sixth grader! What a kid! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete