December 10, 2009

GoBbLe, gObBle, GobBLe... TuR-kEy DAY!!!

Mom, Dad, and Allison decided to come to us for Thanksgiving, and it was such a relaxing and enjoyable holiday.  Kellen was THRILLED to have some of his favorite people visiting, and talked their ears off.  Allie and I got to go on a sister date to the movies, and it was so fun to hang out, just the two of us.  We don't get to do that enough.
As far as the food goes, I intended to do most of the cooking, but with Jane needing to eat, nap, etc., I was pretty tied up, so Mom, Dad, and Tay did most of the work.  
 
The only thing I can really claim is the BeaUtiFul table...
with florescent orange napkins left over from
Halloween, 2005.  Hey, Kellen liked it!  :)


 
 The gourds in the center were a penny each at Walmart, so Kellen and I stocked up.


 
 Kellen looooooves Aunt Allie, and talks about her all the time.
I've even heard him talking about her in his sleep.
I don't blame him.  She is pretty dang awesome! :)

During dinner Tay asked us to go around and share what we are thankful for.  I was especially touched by Dads comments.  He always has a way of putting things just right.  Tay said no crying at the dinner table, but a few of us broke the rules.  It was a special occasion.  I have a lot to be thankful for.  Thanks for coming, family!

PS: The food was AWESOME!
PPS:  We missed you, Rasmussens!  Can't wait to see you!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice Thanksgiving! Love the table decor!! I miss your family so much, and even teared up a little when reading this post, thinking of them! I, of course, miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the table decor! You're so talented. I'm glad you had a nice relaxing holiday. Can't wait to see you at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table looks great! Sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete