I don't know if any of you do this, but I always have several posts just sitting as drafts because I never get around to finishing them. Well, these two were practically finished, so I'm just posting them the way they are. This is mainly for my own personal record, but please enjoy if you wish:
Some time in October:
Today was a hard day. I just feel so pooped all of the time (for lack of a better word). I was a total mess by the time Tay got home. I was too late getting ready to make it to my aerobics class, I was stressed about all the mess, and 100 other dumb, little hings. I sent Tay and the kids to the park without me so I could run some errands and clean. Well, after running an errand I was on my way home, ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work, when the Spirit said, "Marie, go be with your family!" So I drove to the park. Kellen saw me from the top of the slide and excitedly yelled, "Mommy! You're here!" He came down to receive me with a big hug. It is always sweet to see how he wants us all together. Tay and Jane were on the swings and also happy to see me. Kellen and I did the "spider" on a swing (face to face on one swing) while Tay pushed us. It felt good to feel the wind on my face and butterflies in my tummy as we went higher and higher. Kellen squealed and cheered with delight, his face inches away from mine. His eyes are so big and blue and his cheeks were all rosy from the cool autumn air. I'm so glad I didn't miss that sweet moment, all for a little cleaning! My kids are so full of life, and fun, and happiness. I just need to learn to sit back and ENJOY it! My house is still a disaster, but who cares?!
Feb. 26, 2009:
Taylor had a business trip in Pasco, Washington, about four hours away from home. He was taking a rented van all by himself, so we decided the whole family might as well go! The drive up was beautiful, with lots of mountains, rivers, and awesome pine trees! We drove through an adorable little town called Pendelton. The first part of it looked like just a bunch of trailer courts, but at the end it turned in to winding hills with beautiful old houses and churches. We drove to the top part of the city, and looking down at the rooftops, colorful houses, and church steeples, it reminded me a bit of Prague. It was a lot of fun.
Pasco is not all that exciting, but it's still fun to be somewhere new. Simplot is a preferred customer at this Best Western hotel, so our room was beautiful. We all had a blast swimming in the pool last night, especially Kellen, although I don't know if he'll ever trust me in the pool again, because I dunked him. He coughed way longer than he really needed to, just to prove how distraught he was. He is such a drama king! :)
After swimming we took some Panda Express back to our room to just kick it for while. Then the girls slept in one bed, the boys in another. Surprisingly, everyone slept really well, except for mom. (Note to self: travel with your own pillow. Hotel pillows are brutal!)
The next morning Tay headed off to work, while we slept in. The hotel offered a continental breakfast which was amazing! Anything you could possibly fathom to eat for breakfast was available!
... I didn't ever finish writing about the details of this trip. They probably were pretty bland anyway. However, I do remember that we had a great time just being together, and somewhere different, even if it was Pasco! Tay and I actually really enjoy long car rides together. It gives us the chance really talk, which is more and more rare with kids monopolizing ones every moment! I love being with him and our cute kiddos, no matter where we are!
4 years ago



Marie, you're such a great mommy! I'm glad that you listened to the Spirit that day; sometimes it has to hit me upside the head, but when you get moments like that, it's so worth it! Love these stories!
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe how big Jane is getting! Great pictures!
You're the sweetest Marie!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you posted these! You have such a way of capturing a moment with your words. I wish I had your talent for writing.
ReplyDelete