Kellen, a year ago. He's grown so much since then!
I just love the new primary song the kids are learning this year - I Know That My Savior Loves Me. Have a listen! Isn't it a beautiful little melody? I really felt the spirit today as I taught it to the kids. It is such a sweet blessing to have my calling. I am truly touched each week as I look at their little faces and hear their sweet voices, and my awareness of our Heavenly Father's love for them becomes more real. This, of coarse, makes my love for them grow. The amazing part is I can tell they love me too. I can also tell that each of them is growing their own testimony, and it is such a joy to see. I think I could be happy in this calling forever!



It's been fun to catch up on your blog and see your adorable kiddos! I am also the Primary chorister, and though it can be a demanding job (our primary is GINORMOUS), I absolutely love it! I bet you do such an amazing job - I'm sure the primary children adore you!
ReplyDeleteOh, and thanks for posting your "drafts." I have several of those myself, and you've inspired me to just post 'em so I don't forget some of the funny moments in our lives.
P.S. I think one of my favorite stories EVER is "Evil Twins." What awesome parents you two are!
Kellen is getting so big! What darling kids you guys have!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad we didn't get together over Christmas! That week was crazy for us as well - we ended up traveling to Rexburg the weekend after Christmas. I thought about you guys as we passed your parents house through Hyrum. Miss you!
Isn't it bittersweet when your 'baby' leaves nursary and goes to Primary? Braden just moved to the CTR class and I almost lost it when he showed me his CTR ring! They grow up so fast! How fun that you get to be in Primary with him!
ReplyDeleteHe's a sunbeam?! Oh no! I just realized Jaden will be one next year - ugh! That's got to be fun to watch him in primary. You're definitely lucky to have that calling. Brad's mom tells me stories of watching Brad during primary when she was the pianist. Sometimes she'd just hide behind the piano and act like she wasn't his mom. =)
ReplyDeleteTo be honest, It's not wierd for me that he is a sunbeam. He's totally ready. How fun that you get to be in there with him.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the Happy Meal's go. Don't be torn. Benjamin will be getting his soon. I've noticed that he has noticed that the other kids have toys. I wonder when he will figure it out and start asking for them. And when he does I will probably start getting them for him. But yes, I will hold out for as long as possible! :)
Marie!
ReplyDeleteI love the new song this month too. In fact, I was glad to be able to learn it and start teaching it to the children before I was released 2 weeks ago. That's right, I am no longer the chorister, but the 2nd counselor in Primary. It's actually a relief for me. I did my first sharing time Sunday, and it went ok. But now I won't stress every Saturday night about what I'm going to do for singing time the next day. I told you that calling was a struggle for me. I can see how you'd be perfect for it though. I bet they have so much fun with you - and it is neat to be able to watch your own children in primary as they learn and grow (or even misbehave sometimes...)
I can't remember if I ever told you about the blog I used to visit for ideas. Google the crazy chorister and it'll come right up. She has some fun ideas, if you ever need any. Love you!
I love keeping up with your blog also. It is fun to watch Jane since she and Megan are so close in age.
ReplyDeletei bet you are an amazing chorister... for me it's one of those callings that I live in mortal fear of receiving. our bishop recently threatened to make me the ward choir director, but i got the valiant 9s instead... yippeeeee!!
ReplyDelete