January 29, 2010

Four years ago today...

Kellen was born!   And I became a mother.  My labor with Kellen was thirty hours of torturous, unbelievable pain and frustration.  Finally, he was in my arms and that all melted away.  I had only to gaze into those big blue eyes, looking up at me in wonderment, and I knew I would go through it all again a million times over if I had to, even just for this one moment.  My love for him was completely unconditional. Kellen simply had to be, and he was my everything.  It gave me a deeper sense of how the Savior must feel about us, and why he was willing to suffer so greatly in our behalf.   Ever since that day I have lived a richer, fuller, happier, (crazier!), and more meaningful life.

I love you Kellen!  Thanks for being such a sweet, good boy, who always tries to do what is right!  You are so special to our family!

I wanted to post some favorite Kellen pictures, but couldn't choose just a few, so you're getting a ton!

Sorry, no baby ones.  These are the only ones I have stored on my camera and/or computer.  Also, the pictures are in chronological order, excpet the bottom two, which were supposed to be closer to the top.  I always have formatting issues!


 Enjoy!

                         

6 comments:

  1. What a handsome boy! Congrats on being the mom of a big four year-old. Happy Birthday.

    Oh, and those pictures of Jane are adorable! Your kids are just s'dang beautiful. Ha, and that Jane's little "refreshment" story is hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those pictures but especially the first one! What a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the one with his arm around Jane on the floor, and the one where he's alseep on the back of the couch, AND the one with you. Seriously, seeing pictures makes me miss you guys more. Happy Birthday Kellen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Kellen! I wish we could have been there for the party. Hope all went well. Call me! And I love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! He is so grown up!!! Has it really been 4 years? Again, love all the pictures! Can't get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so I am really behind, but happy birthday to your cute boy! And baby Jane is adorable, too! Love how they are such a mix of you and Taylor!

    ReplyDelete