December 1, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010

It was disappointing that we were unable to spend Thanksgiving with our extended family this year due to poor weather conditions, but our dear friends, the Starkeys, came to the rescue as always.  They couldn't have been more hospitable, making us feel right at home.  Words can not express how thankful I am for this wonderful family.  They are angels on earth, who never cease to amaze me with their outpouring of love and kindness. 

Here is my buddy, Gina.  She and I do just about everything together.  We work out together, shop together, walk together, take classes together, etc.  We even clean together to make the work less overwhelming.  (She'll come to my house and we'll clean for a day, then we'll do the next time at her house.)  She's like family to me because I can call her or stop by just because.  I can be in a bad mood and she'll understand it.  It's great!  She was my doula when Jane was born, and I hope to have her there for the next.  She's a bit older than me, with three more kids,  so she's full of good advice and insight if I ever need it.  This woman has a way of making me feel relaxed and energized at the same time.  She is such a great example of someone who works hard, plays hard, focuses on what is important, and tries not to sweat the small stuff.  Basically she is the BOMB!  And I mean the BOMB-DOT-COM!
She spotted me with a camera from across the room. :)
Ham and Turkey!  AKA Jay and Turkey!  :)

Jeueletta Davis and her cute kids were there too, since her hubby had to work.  She always surrounds herself with the kids in every group situation I've seen her in.  She's so much fun.

Who's this handsome fella?

Levi Davis

Lexi Starkey

Harmony, Kyra, and Hope Davis

Becca and Krista Starkey

And of course the Diva, Katie Starkey

Jessica and Nick Starkey, expecting a baby boy soon. :)

Kell and Jane in their own little corner.

Uhh.. Can't get this one to FLIP!

Thank you, Starkey family!  The food was amazing, the company was even better, and we are so grateful for friends like you!

PS:  That night the girls went shopping at 11pm, and came home at 5am.  CRAZY and FUN!  I'd say lets do that again next year, but I don't know if I can handle it!  I'm still tired!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment