May 21, 2011
I'll admit that Taylor and I both have quite the competitive streak, so naturally, we assumed our son would be the same. We knew he was fast and coordinated, and we were excited to see him Kick some bootie on the Soccer field...
Alas, it wasn't to be.
What you see in this first picture captures a lot of what Kellen did in his first soccer season. His head was pretty much in the clouds. He noticed puppies on the sidelines, people eating snow cones ("That looks yummy!"), and kids climbing trees. He usually failed, however, to notice what was going on in the game. He was much more interested in socializing and making friends with all the other kids, including those on the opposing team. I'm proud to say that despite our competitive natures, Taylor and I managed to remain calm (for the most part) and keep it fun for Kell, with the hope that in a few years he'll understand the whole "be aggressive" thing. He is only five after all. We've got time. :) And really, if soccer isn't his thing that's okay with me. I am proud to be the mom of such a friendly and outgoing kid. He is genuinely interested in other people and loves to make them happy. I'll take that over a pro soccer player any day.

 |
| All the other kids had single digits, and Kellen was 79! |
 |
| Corner Kick! |
 |
| We he did get into the action, he was great! He even scored a couple of goals. |
 |
| I think he was being a stud in this one. Ha! |
 |
| This face cracks me up! |
 |
| Go Bumblebees! |
Brad and I so want to get Jaden into soccer. I kind of expect him to be more like Kellen though. He's all about the fun right now. Gotta love that studly face of Kellen's!
ReplyDeleteA-DOR-a-ble!!! I love Kellbert. Give him a kiss from his auntie Jenny.
ReplyDeleteI would take a friendly outgoing kid over a start athlete any day! Looks like he had fun!
ReplyDelete