March 3, 2012

Summer in the Park

July 2012

It's funny how a simple thing like a trip to the park can turn out to be so memorable.
Tay's sister Tara and her four kids were visiting from Colorado, so we headed down to Utah.  We all went to the park "for the kids", and it turned out to be a lot of fun for the adults as well.  It's so rare that we get to be in each others  company.  I really wish it could be more often.  Maybe someday...
Kellen
Jessie or Cambry (One of the twins!)
Alyssa and Taneea
Janers
Taylor, Taneea, Tara, Cambry (Jessie?), and Zane
Little Avery
Zanes beauty shot.  Ha ha!
Kellen, the master of the monkey bars!
"Spin us, Aunt Marie!"
Cousins: Jane, Cambry, Jessie, Aiden, Alyssa, and Kellen
"Hello up there!"
Parkour Zane!
Parkour Taylor!
Parkour Aiden!
"We're flying!
Grandma and Grandpa Huish saying Hello to Janers.
My folks came by to pick me up for our date at the opera.  Don Giovanni.  Not my most favorite opera, but there are some very beautiful arias.  I just have to say, Mom and Dad really are so cultured for people living in little old Hyrum, Utah.  They go to several operas a year (and even more musicals and/or plays), and they really actively listen.  They are so cute when we go to shows together.  They like me to sit in the middle so we can discuss.  What is that technique called?  Who the best voices are, etc.   How many cops do you know who can enjoy a good Italian opera?  I know... one.   Pretty awesome.  They've always gone out of their way to help their children develop an appreciation for the beautiful things this world has to offer.  I will be eternally grateful for that blessing. 

We missed you Jeff, K, Kerri, Adrienne, and Mark!  Really!!!

4 comments:

  1. That was such a great time! Can't wait for this summer....Hopefully we get to see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I recognized good old Ryan's Place Park!

    Brad's parents go to plays all the time (not sure that they've gone to operas though) but it's so nice because it's so normal for Brad to want to go with me to stuff like that. If his dad thought he was too macho I'm sure it would have rubbed off on Brad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics! And I see you got some Marie pictures in there too! ;) Your parents are so cute! I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, Taylor, Kellen and Jane - what a beautiful family you are. Such happy times. I love to see you having such a good time. I love you!

    ReplyDelete