April 8, 2012

More on our July Trip to Utah

Warning:  If you're not family, then this post will be really boring.  I'm writing for journaling purposes  Enjoy the pictures anyway! :)

Taylor had to go back to Idaho for work, but with Tara and her kids still visiting, and Grammy and Poppa returning from a pottery show, I decided that me and the kids would stick around for a while.  We slept at my parents, so as usual when we are there Dad made me something delicious and healthy every morning, like a veggie omelet with egg whites. Yum!  Then in the later part of the morning Mom, Dad, and I would head out to the MC track and let the kids and pug, Petey, run around on the bleachers, etc. while we had a nice work out.  After that we'd meet up with all the cousins for free lunches at the school.  Kellen was so excited to carry a real lunch tray like a school kid. :)
Both kids had such a great time being with their cousins.  They always love being with Alyssa, but rarely get to see any of the other ones.  The only Huish cousins they have live in Wisconsin, and the Ras cousins in Colorado.  I think it's cute how even though they rarely see each other, they understand that these kids are family and love them like crazy.  In fact, they talk about Aiden, Jessie, Cambry, Avery, and of course, Alyssa all the time!  I had a great time being with the girls.  AJ and Mark where on another amazing adventure of theirs, so I can't feel too sorry for them, although we really missed seeing them.  I love all my in-laws, and feel so blessed to be a part of their family.  (I can't wait for you guys to live closer, Tara!  Yay!!!)
Grammy and all seven of her grandkids.  Not the best shot cause no one would sit still, but Grammy looks beautiful.
Too sunny! :)
It was Avery's birthday.  Is she a cutie or what?  I love this girl!
She was so excited to have permission to tear into her cake.
The gang, minus me.  I was taking the picture.
Kellen and his two older cousins got to sleep out back in a tent.  Kellen was a little nervous about being out there all night long without mom or dad.  Here is is reeeeally scared face. :)
Ironically, when morning came Kellen was the only one left in the tent, sleeping like a baby.
Having lunch on the tramp with Aunt Allie.  Looking like little ragamuffins, but cute nonetheless.  These guys worship Aunt Allie.  Kellen is always talking about how she is a TEENAGER and asking questions about where she goes and what she does.  It doesn't get any cooler than Aunt All.
I love it!!

4 comments:

  1. I must be family because I was so not bored. =) I love Kellen's scared face. I kind of think the ragamuffin look. Miss Jane looks darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant I like the ragamuffin look (funny how my fingers and brain aren't communicating right now).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics! I am family, so no I was not bored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing those niephcews! (I just made that up... it means niece and nephew combined. Should save me some time in the future!) I love the pics with aunt allie - specially the one where they're walking away. I think Allie's the coolest too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete