Well, I'm behind already! Gotta try and catch up quickly! A big chunk of our August was spent at swimming lessons. We did four weeks in a row, and the kids loved it. There confidence really grew, and now when ever they are in the water, even just the tub, they are diving under like little fish. I have some video of this year, but no photos. I have lots of photos from last year, so here's the promised review of 2011:
 |
| Kellen and Jane were in the same beginners class. Kellen was almost the oldest, and Jane was the youngest. She was still two, but being potty trained and two months away from three (the required age), they let her in. |
 |
| Love the squinty grin. |
 |
| The teachers are awesome and so patient. They really made the kids want to try. |
 |
| This was a BIG deal for Kellen. |
 |
| Jane was still young enough not to feel scared. She had no problem sticking her whole head in... |
 |
| but this is the best picture I got. |
 |
| Kellen was and excellent floater. |
 |
| And now, it's the last day, and time for the dreaded diving board at the deep end of the pool. Kellen timidly approaches... |
 |
| feels it out... |
 |
| ...and decides he's not interested after all. Doing the walk of shame. |
 |
| Jane's turn. She opted to just reach out and touch teachers hand. She is usually so gutsy, but not today. I totally thought she would go for it. She happily explained that she would jump next year. :) |
 |
| Seeing Jane's unusual caution actually seemed to make Kellen feel braver. He told his teacher he wanted to try again. This time he firmly secured his goggles, and walked all the way to the edge... |
 |
| He took his teacher's hand and... JUMPED!!! I was so proud of him! He is a very cautious little man, especially in the water, so I know he really had to muster up a lot of courage. I cheered like he was a diver in the Olympic games! |
 |
| Here he is afterward. As you can see, he was pretty pleased with himself. |
 |
| Happy girls, Jane and Eliza, getting dry and warm. |
No comments:
Post a Comment