
I just have to say that I am so blessed to have a husband like Taylor. He is so good to me and the kids. He gets up early every day to drive to work in the cold, dark morning, and comes home tired from a long day. But instead of crashing on the couch, he picks up both kids and gives them his full attention so I can finish dinner preparations, or just have a moment to myself. He puts Kellen to bed
every night, putting on his pajamas, brushing his teeth, reading books, saying prayers , and singing songs. To me there is nothing sweeter than listening to Taylor sing sweet hymns and primary songs to our little boy. I always thought I would be the one to sing the lullabies to the kids, and sometimes I even feel a little bit jealous, but I know that this special time with Dad will mean a lot to our kids for years to come. He loves his kids so much, and I'm grateful that he is able to so tenderly express that without any inhibitions.
I don't know why, but this post brought tears to my eyes! He sounds like a great daddy to your little ones (and a great husband).
ReplyDeleteYou're right, it's so fun to watch daddies with their kids. Taylor is such a great guy - we miss your family. I'm always amazed at the energy Brad has when he gets home to play with the kids. He did a report for a class about his family and he called Jaden his "ball of energy," and Elyse his "little pick-me-up." I realized it's fun for him to be with them. I love this post. =)
ReplyDeleteTaylor is such a good daddy! You guys have such a darling family. We miss all of you!
ReplyDeleteHello Rasmussens, I just got AJs blog address and noticed you had a blog as well. It looks like your little family is growing, how cute!! I can't believe that Zane is home, he looks just like Taylor. Take care, April Cottle
ReplyDeleteApril, Thanks for saying Hi! We love to look at the Lefgren Family blog! Your little guy is adorable, and it looks like he is loved to bits!
ReplyDelete