January 27, 2009

Identity Crisis?

Kellen was having a moody day, and I could not figure out why. Finally, I gave him a hot bath, wrapped him in a fuzzy blanket, gave him a box of graham crackers, and set him on the couch. (Those are things I like when I'm having a bad day.) Jane then needed my attention, so I went upstairs to take care of her. When I returned I found Kellen asleep in her pink car seat. Suddenly it all became clear. He's feeling replaced, poor little guy, and it's no wonder! This new little person is so dependent on Mommy, that it's impossible for me to give Kellen the same amount of attention that he is used to. Since this moment I've decided to let the housework slip a little bit, and make more one on one time for Kellen. Maybe in a little while, I'll be able to balance it all a little better, but for now it can wait. My kids are more important.

4 comments:

  1. Awe, how cute! It must be hard on Kellen, I'm trying to imagine how Gage will be when we have our next one, and it makes me a little sad to realize that I won't have as much time with him. But, then, how much love you must also feel for little Jane. You are replacing your time with him with someone that you love just as much. Sorry, I'm just having a realization of sorts! How has your transition gone going from one to two?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is priceless. Anna still has moments, but now Reese gets angry... they like it when I sit and rock them both, then they just get silly with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie that picture is adorable! I wonder how Benjamin will be. However, as sad as this is to say, he's used to not getting much time from me. Most of his waking hours are spent with Grandma while I'm at work. I love my job, but I hate not being with him. I am so excited to finally get to be a stay at home mom!

    P.S. your right, our hair is really alike now! People will really think we are sisters now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE! That was one of the hardest things for me with Abby too, Jeter would wander around the house aimlessly - not quite sure what to do with himself now that mom was occupied. I love that you gave him all of your favorite "bad day" things - I usually don't think like that, though I have no idea why not- it makes sense, doesn't it? You are such a cute mom!

    ReplyDelete