Here are some pictures of Kellen's birthday. I've got to admit, it was a rough one for Taylor and I. We had just lost the baby, and really didn't feel like going anywhere, but we wanted Kellen to feel special and know his family loves him. He really wanted to go to "the birthday place", AKA Red Robin. (He calls it that because they have balloons there, and the employees are always singing happy birthday to the guests.)
I'm glad we took the time, regardless of the circumstances, to celebrate the birthday of our sweet boy. He really is a fantastic kid...
- He has such a big heart. I've never met a more loving individual. He's always had a very mature ability to sympathize with others, and try and make them feel better. I don't know what I would do without his cheerful smiles and wonderful hugs and kisses.
- He is so kind to his little sister, always considering it his responsibility to take care of her and teach her the ropes.
- He's a total clown, just like his Daddy.
- He loves to learn! He wants to read science books at bedtime, and he actually remembers the things we read about. He can read small words, do small math problems, and count to 100!
- He can draw like a pro, sing really well, and he's a great little athlete.
- He is a friend to everyone whether old or young.
- He's learning to help out around the house, and takes pride in doing his part. He's been making his own bed every day, cleaning his room, and helping me with the dishes and the garbage.
- He has a real testimony that is growing each day. He wants to get up and share it every fast and testimony meeting, and because he can do it all on his own, we let him from time to time.
We love you, Kell! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
| I think this picture is so cute. |
| I really didn't feel like having my picture taken... |
| But for Kellen, I succumbed. :) |
When we got home we found a card from Great-Grammy and Poppa. It had a Super Hero on it, a "I'm 5 Today" sticker, and a five dollar bill. Perfect. He felt soooo special. |



I hate the idea of five! It's so hard knowing that your little guy isn't going to be at home all the time with you when he starts school. He sure is a sweetheart - and funny! We sure love that kid. He's the one Brad and I would watch during church, and Brad would lean over to me WAY before we were ever starting our family and say, "See, you want to have a boy first. Look at how cute he is!" Happy Birthday Kellen!
ReplyDelete