February 15, 2012

July Camping

Our longest strip of time off was spent camping with our good friends the Hornes and the Starkeys.  We had such a fabulous time, we've decided to make it an annual tradition.  This beautiful place is about four hours away from home, and a scenic drive the whole way.  I wish I wasn't so behind, or I'd write some real details about the trip, but for the sake of catching up, I'm gonna stick with the best part.  Pictures!!!

The amazing Sawtooth mountains.
These little flowers were all over our camp.
We did a little Mountain biking.  Even Kellen (bottom right corner) went on a pretty technical little ride, and did amazingly well.  He's got his daddy's genes!  I wish I had some pics of the other rides we did.  The scenery was to die for.  I went on a pretty long and technical ride, just four guys and me, thank you very much!  I can't think of many forms of exercise that I enjoy much more than mountain biking.  It's so challenging and such a rush.   Taylor is awesome at it, and totally in his element.  I love to watch him go.  I really wish we could do this more often.
Chelsea was so cute with Jane.  Here they are playing dolls.  I love that Jane was the alien. :)
Kellen loved scouting for firewood, and took this job very seriously.
He'd been gathering wood for a long time, so I asked him if he'd like to take a break and play a game of chess with me.  He kindly declined in a very businesslike tone saying, "Oh, sorry Mom.  Maybe later.  I have to do my firewood chores right now."  So cute!  I wish I had "firewood chores" for him at our house!
Red Fish Lake.  GORGEOUS!
Stuck in the sand. :)
Katie, Jane, Chelsea, Becca, Kellen, Jackson, Lexie, Brenton, Gavin, Breena, Krista, and Trevor
Jay, Kellen, Chelsea, Becca, Jane, Katie, and Breena
Tay
I love this picture of her, even though it's blurry.
Sun squint. :)
By the end of the trip, my kids looked so ragged and dirty!  I don't think they've ever been so filthy.  Then of course there were the sunburns and mosquito bites.   But, you know, they didn't care at all.  They had the best time of their lives!  The best part is that after each day of playing so hard they would snuggle down in their sleeping bags and sleep.  Like rocks.
b
Marshmallow dirt face, even up in the nose.  She was loving life!
This was the last day.  Kellen got to go with our friends to the lake, and Jane stayed behind to help us clean up camp.  She loves to be a helper.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, to be a KID again! I miss camping too and it was the best as a kid - when everyone else does all the work (besides the fun stuff like "firewood chores")! So darling. I love those kids. Jane's sun squint face is the best! The whole family is so cute- but where may I ask are the Marie pictures, hmmmm? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! You are making me want to try camping. I really don't like camping, but this makes me want to try. Love the new post. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete